Thursday 17 February 2011

Running with injuries

Well, I didn't expect training for the marathon to be easy, but now running with injuries has turned into a whole different thing. Saw a physio on Saturday who thought I may have the beginnings of stress response - or shin splints - and suggested a number of causes.
So off I went to a sports physician yesterday who watched me running and saw that when I go fast my knee bends inwards, obviously affecting the rest of my leg.
Today I saw a fantastic personal trainer - Paul Bowman - at the Riverside club in Chiswick (www.esporta.com) who did some exercises with me and can see that I have lazy hams (!), which means the rest of my legs and feet and working much harder than they need. Bottom line is that it's going to be a gruelling 8 weeks to get me through to Marathon Day - but I will do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment