Friday 4 February 2011

How lovely are people?

We all go about our daily lives - work, home, husbands, wives, children - and sometimes we forget that for other people, each day can be a struggle to get through because of illness. And even if we do remember it, we don't always feel we can do something to help.

But running this marathon for Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research shows that we all can do something - and that other people are prepared to help. While the training is often mentally and physically exhausting, the tiredness just fades to nothing every time I read one of the wonderful messages left by friends - and strangers - on my virgingiving donations page. People are just so generous with their hard-earned money and their words of support, it is incredibly uplifting!

Lots of people have told me that they were really touched to read about why I was running the marathon in my article in the February issues of Living In Richmond & Kew and Living In Barnes & East Sheen magazines.

So, thank you to everybody so far who has donated or, just as wonderfully, given me words of support. I appreciate it from the bottom of my (very aerobically exercised) heart.

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/PippaDuncan

No comments:

Post a Comment